• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex girlfriend refusing to sign dmv paperwork!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firewife

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?ca

My husband had bought a vehicle with his ex girlfriend/babys mamma. She is the co-signer on the loan, therfore she is half owner. she had the vehicle for a year and we made the payments. she moved to a different state and had it registered there. on the ca registration it was listed as an him/or her and when she registered it out of state she had it her and him meaning both have to sign to do anything. well now that we have the vehicle she wont sign the dmv paperwork so we can get the license plates. we have paid for all the registration but have no plates and she refuses to sign and mail the paperwork. is there anything we or I can do? do i have any rights since I am his wife?
Also she is trying to use his not paying child support to not send the dmv paperwork. isnt that extortion? it specificaly said in the cs court paperwork that she couldnt use anything against him to try to get cs money. Which by the way is being autonatically deducted from his paycheck monthly. she just didnt get it when she wanted it becaus eit took time to process.

Last edited:

stephenk

"she had it her and him meaning both have to sign to do anything."

Did he sign the out of state registration reflecting the new designation of ownership?

firewife

when "they" first bought it he had it registered as his name or her name meaning either one could sign. both sigs not needed. when she took it and had it registered she had it her name and his name meanin both sigs now required. however she also didnt notify the finance company or the state of cali that she was re-registering or moving the vehicle to another state.

firewife

stephenk said:
"she had it her and him meaning both have to sign to do anything."

Did he sign the out of state registration reflecting the new designation of ownership?
NOWAY! he did not sign anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">