• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Husband's Crazy Girlfriend Submitted My Daughter's DNA to an Ancestry Website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

And dad had every right to put her DNA there.
Not everything is a father's rights crusade.

Genetic privacy is a serious and emerging area of the law whatever some website's T&C's are.

Mom is right to balk at this nonsense, especially if it was cavalierly entered into by dad's gf.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
xylene...
Are you saying that dad does NOT have the right to submit the DNA? Please answer based on legalities, not your personal opinion on the matter.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Not everything is a father's rights crusade.

Genetic privacy is a serious and emerging area of the law whatever some website's T&C's are.

Mom is right to balk at this nonsense, especially if it was cavalierly entered into by dad's gf.
And Dad is equally right to balk at Mom's interference with a choice HE makes.

Understand? I can use smaller words if it helps.

I was hoping some of you would just Google it at this point. Your data can be sold off to insurance companies/employers. It can be hacked and distributed anywhere. Details about your genetics are essentially given to a company to do whatever they want with... I understand if people are okay with that... but I would rather not have sensitive information out there like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">