• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex husband's credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state? NC

OMG it just hit me that I currently have 2 open accounts with my exhusband. One of the accounts will be paid off (by me of course this summer--big difference and hard lesson that a CC bill of $8000 would take 7 1/2 yrs to pay off:eek: !!!!) and one account has been written off as bad debt (he was supposed to pay that one and it was only $3000!). Nonetheless, I was young and dumb and didn't have a clue what being primary and secondary and authorized meant.

So this past due account which ex was responsible for per divorce papers---yeah yeah yeah not worth the paper the divorce was written on, has had no activity for 6 yrs therefore I believe (and hope and pray!) the SOL is up on that; however I have just found out that my exhusband has had his home foreclosed on and I see bankrupty as part of his future if not already. Will him being an authorized user on that account play into my credit history???

I have worked so hard to pay my debt--I should have filed bankrupty myself with all the credit card debt I had because it would have been off my credit by now:rolleyes: .

Thanks in advance.

JETX

"Will him being an authorized user on that account play into my credit history???"
*** Will it?? Possibly. Should it?? No. And if it does, simply contact the CRA and explain that HIS financial condition has NO affect on yours and demand that they remove HIS negative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">