• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex just bought 9 yr old make up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NjJenn

What is the name of your state? NJ
I just picked up my daughters at my ex's house and its my oldest daughters 9th b-day. she was all excited daddy bought her ADULT makeup and ADULT fake nails. Daddy says she doesnt think like a 9 yr old she acts older. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD. with all the stuff going on with children beiing raped it like hes asking for something to happen to her. I told him NOT my daughter. i refuse to let a 9 yr old wear makeup and fake nails to school. shes a little girl and needs to act like and be a little girl. im wondering whats next mini skirts and belly shirts?!?!?!?!?!!? any advice on what i can do to STOP from allowing him do this?????????? please help:mad: :confused:

P

pthalo

not much you can do...

I'm sorry to say this b/c I do agree with you that dad's purchase was not age apropriate, but unless you can show how make-up is dangerous (direct danger not scientifically unprovable correlations) to your daughter, then there is no way to stop it..

I would suggest that you talk to your daughter and explain how you feel about a girl of her age wearing make-up.. Tell her that you don't want her wearing the make-up until a certain age.. If dad lets her wear the make-up then that is dad's decision and only when she is with him..

I hope this helps and I am sorry if this wasn't the answer that you wanted to hear..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">