• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-landlady took my car bought/ payments made from social security disability funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


d colleen

From : Missouri

In case the question was not apparent :

Under Federal Law 407 Social Security Disability payments
can not be touched ( or attached againist ) and From all that
I have read the same applies to fruits (items ) that are bought from the funds. I have filed the "Motion to Quash " but is there anything else that I can do?
At this point we can not pick up our meds or go to the doctor.
This includes a young disabled child who is disabled.
So I am just trying to get as much help as I can.
All household income is easily verifyable as social security disability , except some child support on grandson
So is there any more else that I can do ?
Is it true you can not attach on items bought with social security
disability funds?
In case you got lost :

Questions are: Is it true that you can not attach on social security disability funds / items ?
Is there anything else I can do besides the proof of income to get my car back?

The only other thing is: Why do you have to be so ignorant?
that is the problem now-days , people have no kindness left in them.
It has to do with small claims court in the effect that this all started to do with a bad landlady, who caused a lot of problems that took in disabled people, and was reported to the state.
She lost the licence do to my reporting her to mo state.
don't believe me .. just type in the words : Margaret Orine and go to Aloha Nursing home
Last edited:


Senior Member
And WHAT, praytell, does ANY of this have to do with small claims court??
And I agree, it appears to be an 'orphan' post.


Senior Member
Your car is GONE You can't have it back .

You can go to small claims court and file a claim for Damages .

Take all your proofs of income,any records on the CAR, and Hope like hell the Judge agrees w/you , and compensates you for the loss of YOUR CAR,so you can purchase another one.

IF you lose start saving again, better yet start saving now, purchase now , if you win good, if not you won't be sitting around hoping for a CAR .

God help us if there were car trees !!


Senior Member
Okay, since everyone seems intent to allow these multiple threads to be run by this person, lets bring them all to this ONE thread and close this down.

1) The landlady had a judgment against you.
2) In the process of enforcing the judgment, you were served with a writ of execution and your car was seized.
3) And though SS payments are exempt from seizure, for some reason, you think that everything else (that might be connected some how with those SS funds) is also exempt.

Bottom line.... the car is NOT exempt solely due to your claim it was purchased with funds received from SS. The SS exemption does NOT apply to other assets.

Now, if you don't agree with that FACT and if you are still within the allowed time to do so, contact the court and file an exemption statement. The court will hear your claim and, as I predict, reject it.

Now, case closed. Everyone can return to their normal duties. Thank you for your participation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential