• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex landlord sueing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug32777

What is the name of your state? florida
my girlfreind and i rented a house for $1150.00 for a year after the year was up the L.L called and said the rent was going to $1450.00 so we said we'll be moving out then...so a week or two went by and the L.Ls husband called and said we could work out a deal like 1250.00 so we wait. the day comes and the L.L and her husband come over with new lease and she tells us, its going to be 1350.00 and thats it and the deposit was also going up.now this is where it gets trickie ,the orignal lease was signed by my girlfreind only,the L.L said that the new lease was the same except for the amounts and had me initial the changes.now i guess my question how liable am I for the lease when i never signed anything only initialed the changes also we never received a new copie of the lease...

FarmerJ

Doug was there some reason no one insisted on having the LL go to the nearest gas station or store or any computer with a document scanner and making a copy right then and there? as far as initialling it. are you positive you are not listed on the lease somewhere ?

doug32777

on the first lease i wasnt listed at all on the new one i was listed as a resident but never signed a lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">