• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-leaving personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noono

What is the name of your state? MI

I had my ex-boyfriend living in my home until a year ago. I had informed him and his family that he needed to come and get his belongs after he left. After not coming for 6 months I got rid of his things. About 2 days after the mark of the year that he had left my home, he returned to get his things. Now he is threating me for getting rid of his things.
I would like to know what I can do? And can he legally do anything to me for not "storing" his things until he was ready to come and get them?:confused: :

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

noono said:
What is the name of your state? MI

I had my ex-boyfriend living in my home until a year ago. I had informed him and his family that he needed to come and get his belongs after he left. After not coming for 6 months I got rid of his things. About 2 days after the mark of the year that he had left my home, he returned to get his things. Now he is threating me for getting rid of his things.
I would like to know what I can do? And can he legally do anything to me for not "storing" his things until he was ready to come and get them?:confused: :

My response:

Do you have proof of when you broke up? Do you have proof of the notification of his need to get his things? These would really help you.

Regardless, he'll still have an extremely difficult time explaining to a judge why he didn't get his things much sooner. When the dust settles, I think you'll be the only one left standing.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">