• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex lied on Expense Declaration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Custody Hearing at the end of the month. My ex lied on his Income and Expense Declaration stating he lives at an address and pays $1,900 a month rent. But I subpoenaed his apartment complex and revived a copy of his lease/ rental agreement that shows he only pays $1,050 a month. (He is exaggerating his expenses). He does not know that I have this evidence yet and I will be presenting it to him the day of our trial. We are both pro per. My question is this....will he be punished for lying on a signed document ? Can he be sanctioned? He has continuously lied throughout our divorce proceedings.

HRZ

THe judge might not be impressed with his big time fudging .

And if you trap him in one big falsehood it may cast a cloud on the rest of his credibility .

However a mere paper docuement is subject to his objection that it is hearsay ...absent somebody from complex to testify it is accurate ....UNLESS you can build the foundation up front that this is a correct copy of his lease and he acknowledges same .

Seriously, with such a potent lie in your arsenal you might be wise to get paid counsel involved in how best to deploy your arsenal and not waste the opportunity .

Just Blue

I have a Custody Hearing at the end of the month. My ex lied on his Income and Expense Declaration stating he lives at an address and pays $1,900 a month rent. But I subpoenaed his apartment complex and revived a copy of his lease/ rental agreement that shows he only pays $1,050 a month. (He is exaggerating his expenses). He does not know that I have this evidence yet and I will be presenting it to him the day of our trial. We are both pro per. My question is this....will he be punished for lying on a signed document ? Can he be sanctioned? He has continuously lied throughout our divorce proceedings.
Who are you in this situation? Husband or Wife?

I'm just asking questions for friends. My divorce was friendly. Never had to step a foot in court. Sadly, I've got friends dealing with liars. So my questions are general and for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">