• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex refuses to release IRA funds TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathutson

What is the name of your state? Texas
My divorce was final Oct. 20, 2017. I have a hearing set to address five orders not being followed. He will NOT sign anything to release or acknowledge the IRA funds that is supposed to be released to me. This in addition with another American Funds 529 fund for kids is being held by him. My concern is that he may have liquidated the funds.
• Is there a way for me to find out if the funds are still there?
• Can I ask for the judge to sign the QDRO I sent to all parties before the 9/11 hearing?
• What would happen if he did withdrew the funds?

adjusterjack

Is there a way for me to find out if the funds are still there?
Yes. You can serve subpoenas on the fund custodians. I had to do that with my ex-wife's 401(k) because she and her lawyer wouldn't cooperate so I had to play hardball.

Can I ask for the judge to sign the QDRO I sent to all parties before the 9/11 hearing?
Sure, you can ask. No way to predict whether he'll do it, or see it, or even acknowledge your presence before the hearing.

What would happen if he did withdrew the funds?
He would be in contempt and you could ask the judge for sanctions.

Do you have a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">