• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex trying to lower child support in NH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My ex-husband is taking me to court next week to try and lower child support on our 3 children, he still has the same job for the last 14 years, but now all of a sudden he
has a reduction in hours? He cannot stand paying child support, I do not ask for anything else for the children, i work and I also have re-married and have another child.
I work my butt off to give the kids the things that they need. Please any advice would help!



Unfortunately, the father has the right to have his child support payments fluctuate w/ his income. Meaning if he can provide sufficient evidence of his lessened hours, then the child support will be reduced accordingly. You will have to provide your income as well as this will also determine the support. Your ex may be doing this thinking your income has increased as well.
To get the support increased again, take a look at your divorce decree carefully. Look for where it states how often you can return to court to have it increased. In the case of my fiancee, his ex-wife can return to court every 2 years to adjust it. If there is nothing stated in your decree, take a look at the last support order, if any to see if any "clauses" are there. If you see none, or if there will be a very lengthy time before you can return, I would ask the judge to order your ex to report to the court the moment his original hours return or pay increases and enforce the original amount of support.
Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential