• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dash

Here goes... My exgirlfriend is threating to take me to court over stuff she bought me when we were going out. (like gifts and stuff) she never asked for any money from me when we were going out but now she wants a $1000 for all the stuff in the past. This has gone both was I have given here gifts awell. But I know its a risk when you are dating someone that things may not work out and and you may be out a little money. She also lived with me and my parents rent free for 6 months so I was wondering if she has any case or suggestions on what to do. ( we were never ingaged or married but lived together for 6 months )
any help would be great

thanks

Dash

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dash said:
Here goes... My exgirlfriend is threating to take me to court over stuff she bought me when we were going out. (like gifts and stuff) she never asked for any money from me when we were going out but now she wants a $1000 for all the stuff in the past. This has gone both was I have given here gifts awell. But I know its a risk when you are dating someone that things may not work out and and you may be out a little money. She also lived with me and my parents rent free for 6 months so I was wondering if she has any case or suggestions on what to do. ( we were never ingaged or married but lived together for 6 months )
any help would be great

thanks

Dash
My response:

I want you to write me a list of all the "gifts" she's claiming. Then, next to each gift, I want you to write the date each gift was given to you. Next, I want the day and month of your birth.

If each date that you place on your list does not correlate to a holiday, I want you to tell me what the occassion was for the gift to you.

Also, for each gift that you list, I want you to tell me how it was paid - - cash, check, credit card; and then tell me whose case, check, or credit card was used for each purchase.

Also, for each gift, I want you to tell me whether or not you were present at the time of purchase. I also want you to tell me if SHE was present at the time of purchase.

Were there any loans or gifts of money, or property, to you being claimed by her? Likewise, list those per the above, and state what category they are in.

AND TELL ME YOUR STATE NAME !!

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 11-22-2000 at 02:10 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">