• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex went from reliable income job to work from home "job"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcr229

The problem with that is that the court orders were already made with them sharing the transportation.
OP never did say if they agreed on a long-distance visitation plan with both parents sharing transportation after his ex moved away, or if they are still trying to adhere to a plan where they lived close together, his ex subsequently moved away, and they're still trying to follow the court order. It would be helpful of OP could clarify that.

LdiJ

OP never did say if they agreed on a long-distance visitation plan with both parents sharing transportation after his ex moved away, or if they are still trying to adhere to a plan where they lived close together, his ex subsequently moved away, and they're still trying to follow the court order. It would be helpful of OP could clarify that.
A clarification would be nice but I suspect its a case of mom moving away due to a new significant other and dad fighting to keep the kids in the original home town. If that is the case, I suspect that the transportation arrangements were part of the case. In any case, sharing the transportation is status quo now.

ProT

Ok, here we are 5 months later....

I called the child support clearing house to confirm and her last child support payment was in May 2019. For clarification, she had moved to a neighboring state before the final hearing.

commentator

Okay, NOW it's time to go back to court. Get your attorney on notice. I assume you are still making the required half-way trips to drop and pick up the child. Limit your contact with your ex, don't talk about it in front of or to your son, above all, do not threaten her with what you're going to do, do not even discuss this with her until you've discussed it with your attorney. You will not get a lot of shots at a re-organization of custody and getting support from her, so make this a "done right" deal. Please let us know how things develop.

ProT

Okay, NOW it's time to go back to court. Get your attorney on notice. I assume you are still making the required half-way trips to drop and pick up the child. Limit your contact with your ex, don't talk about it in front of or to your son, above all, do not threaten her with what you're going to do, do not even discuss this with her until you've discussed it with your attorney. You will not get a lot of shots at a re-organization of custody and getting support from her, so make this a "done right" deal. Please let us know how things develop.
Yes, I am still following the court orders. I learned from previous experience with her that discussing something is fruitless as it can backfire no matter how sensible and calm I am. "Discuss with my attorney" is going to be the challenge as I do not have one. It's a small pond here and I'm "carrying baggage" so to speak from previous experience. I have to remind myself "this is different" (as in not the custody case/hearing). Having said that, I will just go with someone I havent used before and try to ensure they are not buddies with her attorney or the judge for that matter! Thanks and I WILL update later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">