• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Wife changing sitters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Ohio

MY ex wants to take my son to child care that is 40 miles away from our home and previous sitter. I have custody 2 days a week and every other weekend? She works late and expects me to drive 80 miles round trip 2 times a week to pick him up after work. Do I have to do this? Can I charge her for my gas?


Senior Member
Of course you don't have to do it. You can leave Junior to fend for himself.

and no, without a court order to establish return of travel costs, you can't just "BILL" her.


Senior Member
Is there anything in your order that address who has final say? Who has legal custody? Can changes be made by one parent?


Senior Member
do you use the sitter on your two days too? if so tell her your going to use a different sitter for those two days.


Under the Radar Member
The problem is, apparently, that Dad picks the kid up from the sitter for his parenting time. I can see how an 80 mile r/t could be an issue. Unfortunately, OP hasn't seen fit to provide enough information to give any real input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential