• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Wife Harassing employee at my work place???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holymolygeezzz

What is the name of your state? GA

My ex wife called my place of employeement this morning to talk to me and couldn't get through b/c I was out on the floor. She then called back through the receptionist and the receptionist called me on the radio - I told the receptionist to tell her that I was busy and that I would have to call her back. The receptionist relayed the message to my ex and my ex blew up at the receptionist and called her a smartass and raised her voice at her and was rambling on about the call being about her son - our son!!!

Can the police do anything about this?

Beth3

Based on ONE unpleasant phone call? No. Being a jerk is not against the law. If your ex-wife starts calling regularly and causing problems, then apply to family court for a restraining order.

In the meantime, although you aren't responsible for your ex's behavior, apologize to the receptionist and tell her you're sorry this happened and ask her to please let you know if there are any further difficulties with your ex.

H

holymolygeezzz

Well, this is the first time my ex was rude and ugly to the receptionist, but I have threatened her before with a restraining order b/c of all of the harrassing phone calls to me at work and home that are not about my son -- a detective has even spoken to her before about it. Should I go ahead and file for a restraining order?

Beth3

I can't tell you what to do and your situation is greatly complicated by the fact that you have a child with this woman. There ARE times when the two of you are going to have to contact each other to discuss your son.

What I suggest you do is to contact an attorney who practices family law and get an expert opinion as to whether you should pursue a restraining order or whether there are other legal options that are more prudent, given your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">