• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wife leaving 8 year old home alone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bnies

From Illinois. Ex-wife has been leaving my 8 year old son home alone. He has told me this but of course I have no proof because it has happened in the past. He informed me that she has instructed him not to answer the phone when I call (they have caller ID) when he is home alone. I view this as not being able to provide the proper care for my son. What is the reality of a judge viewing the same should I return to court to solicit custody based soley on this matter? Do I have other options? I want custody of my son but lost a previous custody battle. In the least, I do not want her to leave him alone, but I selfishly would like to use this as an opportunity to gain custody of my son. Any comments?

kidoday

Contact your local police deparment and see if there are laws pertaining to leaving a child home alone at a certain age.

Believe it or not my stbx was going to let our 9 year old stay home after school alone for 15 minutes until her sisters got there. But her school intervened and suggested that this was not proper. They did inform him although not illegal, it might not be the best idea.

Make sure to instruct your son of the importance of 911 in any instance that he feels unsafe.

I know this is a hard one.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">