• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife paying less child support dut to not giving her true income,what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kene

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I have custody of my two daughters and have had it for over three years now? A few months ago she took me back to court to have her support payments reduced. She was only paying $50.00 a weeks for two of them to begin with.Now the judge says she only has to pay $10.00 for BOTH!not each but both!
Well she never furnished myself or the court with any papers or proof of anything and that was okay with him although I had to supply everything on my side. Unfortunately where I live the judges are VERY Favoring of the women.
She lives with her boyfriend and the twins they had togehter. She claims the children are not healthy enough for her to work and they are to much for the boyfriend to handle by himself if she were to go to work. No proof of any of this! She claimed her boyfriend was unemployed which I know he isn't but agin the judge took her word for it. She did'nt even have to show past tax forms!
The judge said part of the boyfriends income could be used towards paying child support for my daughters,but since he isn't working they only have to pay the $10.00 and on top of that he made it retroactive for a few months!
He says next May and evr May after that they have to supply me with their tax returns adn I know they won't! He said if circumstances change I can go back to try to get an adjustment.
Now these same people who said they were'nt working have just purchased a $300,000 house while I live in an apartment!
I need to some how get proff of his income.
Does anyone know how I can go about getting his social security number and than how I can find out his employer and how to get ahold of his past tax returns? I know you usually need someone's social security number to start this process and I have no idea how to get it and I cannot afford a lawyer od private investigator or anything like that!

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!! I can't even pay my bills any more! I have to use credit cards just to pay the utilities and they are almost MAXED out! While they will be living in a $300,000.00 house!

T

tdbird

i am not sure about your state but in Kentucky, the spouse of your x's income has not one thing to do with child support, The only thing the judge will consiter is your income and your x spouse's income. When we showed the tax returns the x spouse's new husband's income was blanked out.
If you check in to his income you could be invaiding his privacy. You might before you start that. Call a lawyer and ask. Like I said this may be ok in your state, but I know in mine it is not. You said he is your x wife's boyfriend, they are not married, so he does not have the responsibility of your childs CS.

K

kene

The judge has ordered that his income does count. Since she is taying home and they have children together than half of his income is considered hers'. So half his income can be taken into consideration when it comes time to calculate child support. That is why she was ordered to send in both of their tax returns in from now on. Unfortunately I don't think she will send any. She does what ever she wants without any recourse. That is why I need to find a way to get a hold of his present and past income.

T

tdbird

Wish that was true in my state that would help with what I pay. maybe you can ask IAAL he/she is the one to ask.

Last edited:
T

tdbird

I can not believe that no one has an idea about your question.

bugaboo

I don't normally give answere's such as this. But you are speaking of a woman and the court system. There fore your action will probably be one of the two here

****Bend over

Option 1) With Vasoline
Option 2) Without Vasoline

By the time May rolls around, you need to learn to file a motion for them (you did say the judge said THEY had to, right?) to be held in contempt. Remind them of their obligation via certified/return receipt requested mail in April, May and June (assuming they haven't been produced by then) and then in July, file a motion with the courts. You don't need an attorney for this, you can do it on your own OR you can get a paralegals assistance in getting the forms right. Until then, you really can't do much of anything, sorry to say.

Bugaboo, just because you got 'screwed' in court, doesn't mean every man will. It is one thing to caution them because of the bias, but another to attempt to quell all hope for Justice to prevail. Hope is what keeps people going.

*sizzle*

CMSC

fried eggs said:

Bugaboo, just because you got 'screwed' in court, doesn't mean every man will. It is one thing to caution them because of the bias, but another to attempt to quell all hope for Justice to prevail. Hope is what keeps people going.

*sizzle*
Bugaboo is not a man first of all. But I do find what she said to be very unlike her...bug, did raddadthomas post that or you?

Women are held true to their responsibilities just as much as men are in the court systems!

E

Esimon1

I don't know what planet the judge fell from in your case, but he was not right in suggesting your ex's boyfriend furnish any of his income info.
He's not even her spouse! He could hire an attorney on his own to protect himself from this, since YOU & the ex created YOUR children, NOT her boyfriend!!!!! If you are falling upon hard times financially, such as MANY people in America are, then maybe you should get a second job to support your family, not rely on a 3rd party to provide for them. Whatever this guy paid for his house is probably not your business. Financially supporting YOUR kids is none of his concern either.

K

kene

To Esimon1,
The jduge ordered since the boyfriend does not want her to work than half his income should be counted. True my children are not his children,but than again I did not tell him to get my ex after knowing her for a month pregnant with twins!!!!!!!!!
So maybe he should not have to support my kids,but than again if she stays home like he wants and she does not have to pay child support isn't that the same as me supporting his kids and his and her kids?????????
Why should my kids suffer because they had kids together and she stays home? So food is taken out of my kids mouths so that theirs can have more!!!
I guess according to your theory anyone who is paying child support should have a kid with someone else and stop working so they don't have to worry about supporting their first priority!!! the first kids that they had. If you can't help support the first kids you had maybe you shouldn't have more with someone else!!!!!!!

M

momof4qts

...this is only a suggestion, I'm certainly not an attorney. I found myself in a similar situation. My ex worked for a large corporation 10 years of our marriage and through our divorce. Within a year of our divorce, he was fired. He immediately filed to have his support modified and it was. However: since he was fired and able to work, the judge lowered his support to be based on minimum wage, vs. the rather large income he had once had. this also immediately stopped a wage garnishment from his payroll. This happened over 2 years ago. Within a matter of weeks, He was re-employed in a similar role he had previously held, ( He was an engineer, by the way) but he took no steps whatsoever to correct or modify his support again. I made attempts to go through the state for modification, which resulted nowhere. He is still with the same company. I was eventually able to hire my own private attorney, we are still in the process of getting his present wages proven in the court system . I have at least now got a new wage withholding order, however still based on 7/hr . In the meantime, he has not only had another child of his own, but also adopted a child from a marriage. I am being told his new children cannot affect the way his support for our children is figured. I do work. I make pretty good money, but the care of 3 children is expensive for anyone. By the way, his new wife's income, i am told by my atty, will not even be mentioned in this case. It is based solely on mine and his with only our joint children figured in. As to whether or not the judge will take the new order back to the day he actually became employed at this new salary again, I have no idea. I will just be happy to finally start getting what is legally and fairly due to my children. I don't know if I helped any. But, I do know how you feel to a certain extent. I hope things go good for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">