• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife taking me back to court....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Explisit

Ohio

She wants more money from me. We deviated down at divorce. Now she wants the most she can get and some. She also is asking for more custody to justify more money. There's been no issues on parenting ever on either side. Kid is 5. We had a mediation session that I pretty much ended as soon as I heard the things she was asking me to agree to. We then had to hire a GAL that has made a visit to each home so far. Our court date is this week, which is suppose to be a status hearing for the GAL to give her thoughts. We have a 8/6 split custody agreement.
I met with my attorney today and was served a $3200 bill on top of the $1750 retainer I paid. I thought this was going to be a quick case. Been going on since March.

My question is this, what if I cannot afford an attorney anymore? Do I automatically lose? I need to have be able to care for my kid and other obligations after this is over and cannot shovel anymore cash at litigation. Any advice would be great.

BTW, this all stems from the fact I have moved on happily and my daughter interacts with my new lady. Ex is furious

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You asked the same thing in March: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/ex-wants-support-modified-604196.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">