• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife took my child to live for free

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roygnight

My ex-wife took my child and is banking on the fact that nobody is going to put her out and deny her living with them for free when she has my child with her.

She also got her father to provide an attorney to finalize the divorce and start child support when I was unemployed and on the brink of homelessness without her end of income to pay bills.

I was forced to retreat to the support of my family in another state. Unable to go back and provide a suitable place for my daughter and I to be to enable me to fight for some kind of custody arrangement.

since that has happened she has remarried to a guy living with his father for free and I see pictures of them on vacations to Mexico and she has a brand new car and still drawing way too much child-support for my income and refuses me any kind of visitation over the phone or pictures or anything I haven’t heard from her in two months at least.

my question is if my child support is all extra income for her and she’s able to go on vacations to Mexico and buy herself a brand new car meanwhile I don’t even know how I’m going to get tires and brakes for my truck or save enough money to hire a lawyer to establish my rights as my child's father Can my child support be adjusted based on that? There is a huge difference in the quality of our lives and she does not need my money. She’s more than fine as it is and I am struggling to make ends meet.

adjusterjack

Child support is to support your child. It's not "extra income" for your ex. How your ex lives has nothing to do with that.

Child support is based on your income vs her income. If your child is of school age where your ex might be able to work part time a court might impute income to her and reduce your obligation. But you will have to get that before a judge. You can also enforce visitation through the court.

Unfortunately, if you can't figure out how to do it yourself and have no money to get there, you're stuck with the status quo.

Eekamouse

My ex-wife took my child and is banking on the fact that nobody is going to put her out and deny her living with them for free when she has my child with her.

She also got her father to provide an attorney to finalize the divorce and start child support when I was unemployed and on the brink of homelessness without her end of income to pay bills.

I was forced to retreat to the support of my family in another state. Unable to go back and provide a suitable place for my daughter and I to be to enable me to fight for some kind of custody arrangement.

since that has happened she has remarried to a guy living with his father for free and I see pictures of them on vacations to Mexico and she has a brand new car and still drawing way too much child-support for my income and refuses me any kind of visitation over the phone or pictures or anything I haven’t heard from her in two months at least.

my question is if my child support is all extra income for her and she’s able to go on vacations to Mexico and buy herself a brand new car meanwhile I don’t even know how I’m going to get tires and brakes for my truck or save enough money to hire a lawyer to establish my rights as my child's father Can my child support be adjusted based on that? There is a huge difference in the quality of our lives and she does not need my money. She’s more than fine as it is and I am struggling to make ends meet.
You aren't privy to her financial situation and it's not your business. You don't know how she was able to vacation in Mexico or who paid for it. You don't know if it's even her that bought the new car. It could have been her husband that bought it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

She also got her father to provide an attorney to finalize the divorce and (1) start child support when I was unemployed and on the brink of homelessness without her end of income to pay bills.

since that has happened (2) she has remarried to a guy (3) living with his father for free and (4) I see pictures of them on vacations to Mexico and she has a brand new car and (5) still drawing way too much child-support for my income and (6) refuses me any kind of visitation over the phone or pictures or anything I haven’t heard from her in two months at least.

my question is if my child support is all extra income for her and she’s able to go on vacations to Mexico and buy herself a brand new car meanwhile I don’t even know how I’m going to get tires and brakes for my truck or save enough money to hire a lawyer to establish my rights as my child's father (7) Can my child support be adjusted based on that? There is a huge difference in the quality of our lives and (8) she does not need my money. She’s more than fine as it is and I am struggling to make ends meet.
(1) Were you voluntarily or involuntarily unemployed (it matters)? What income was the support order based on?
(2) Her marital status is irrelevant - her husband is under no obligation to provide for your child with her.
(3) The living arrangements are between him and his father.
(4) Stop creeping her social media.
(5) Are you employed? Making more or less than whet the original order was based on (and the answer to (1) matters)?
(6) If you have orders for parenting time, it is on you to (a) attempt to use it (i.e. actually show up as ordered and try to exercise it) and (b) if denied, file contempt against Mom. If the order does not provide for phone time, Mom is not required to offer it. Same with photos.
(7) Child support and parenting time are separate issues.
(8) The money is not for her, but for your child.

How old is the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">