• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex won’t give me my things

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rcohran

My ex lied and used me to get to my money. I clean houses for a living he asked me how much to clean his I didn’t give him a price but it took 4 days to clean. He didn’t have anything in his house and what did have glasses, silverware, pots and pans, washer dryer he wanted to throw away. I moved back in with him I’m short and for the past 3 yrs I’ve said that I was gonna but me a front loader washer and dryer set well after moving back in I bought it my dad saw me hand my ex the money to go pick it up my dad took him then I bought a set of glasses and over $400 in Christmas decorations. Plants cleaning chemicals things here and there well I lost my job cashed in my IRA and stocks he had an awesome Christmas I got nothing two days after Christmas he kicks me out now he won’t let me have my stuff only what he wants to give me his mom owns the land so he had her to serve me with some kind of papers not sure what yet what legal rights do I have when I’ve got recordings of him yelling at me my dad wrote out a statement about my washer and dryer all my receipts are in his house I recently found out he’s on drugs so he’s trying to do what he can to put me in jail and keep my stuff

Just Blue

My ex lied and used me to get to my money. I clean houses for a living he asked me how much to clean his I didn’t give him a price but it took 4 days to clean. He didn’t have anything in his house and what did have glasses, silverware, pots and pans, washer dryer he wanted to throw away. I moved back in with him I’m short and for the past 3 yrs I’ve said that I was gonna but me a front loader washer and dryer set well after moving back in I bought it my dad saw me hand my ex the money to go pick it up my dad took him then I bought a set of glasses and over $400 in Christmas decorations. Plants cleaning chemicals things here and there well I lost my job cashed in my IRA and stocks he had an awesome Christmas I got nothing two days after Christmas he kicks me out now he won’t let me have my stuff only what he wants to give me his mom owns the land so he had her to serve me with some kind of papers not sure what yet what legal rights do I have when I’ve got recordings of him yelling at me my dad wrote out a statement about my washer and dryer all my receipts are in his house I recently found out he’s on drugs so he’s trying to do what he can to put me in jail and keep my stuff
What state?

Rcohran

Me my daughter and two employees went to get my things he wouldn’t let me in to get my stuff I can only have what he will give me his mom said he’s gonna box up my things and take them to my nephews house where I don’t live she took out an order banning me from there for no reason all do they can steal my stuff

Just Blue

Me my daughter and two employees went to get my things he wouldn’t let me in to get my stuff I can only have what he will give me his mom said he’s gonna box up my things and take them to my nephews house where I don’t live she took out an order banning me from there for no reason all do they can steal my stuff
Fikle a small claims suit. Make sure you bring proof of what you claim is being withheld and it's value.

NOTE: The value is for the items as they are now...not what they cost new.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">