• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exam Results Mis-recorded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even though graded by computer, SOMETHING caused the result to change. It didn't happen spontaneously. Computers respond to human activity. Someone went in and did something to cause it to happen. The situation in your link, Red, is not the same situation as this.

I have no more way of knowing than the OP which result is correct, and I'm not suggesting that he not follow up. But I take issue with his premise that the law should force the company to accept his screenshot as valid regardless of the actual results.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Even though graded by computer, SOMETHING caused the result to change. It didn't happen spontaneously. Computers respond to human activity. Someone went in and did something to cause it to happen. The situation in your link, Red, is not the same situation as this.

I have no more way of knowing than the OP which result is correct, and I'm not suggesting that he not follow up. But I take issue with his premise that the law should force the company to accept his screenshot as valid regardless of the actual results.
I did not mean to imply that it is the same situation... just that mistakes happen. A wrong answer (or several) is marked as correct, and then the mistake is caught and corrected, for example. I would think that if there were the case, there would be a disclaimer about this sent to all test takers, "due to... your exam results may have changed... the updated result as [date] is your final result."

Or there is something that is only showing the old result, not the new result.

But I do agree that there is not a legal remedy, i.e. this is not something that OP can (successfully) take the company to court over. Before taking the exam, OP had to sign a form, and this is pretty well outlined.

Reactions: cbg

Klser

OP is more concerned about having to tell the boss about the fail.

OP should consider the consequences of not being open about this with the boss.

These tests are graded by computer, not by hand, so it is unclear how a result would change like that. There could be glitches, but it is unlikely that OP would be the only test taker affected.

A few years back there was a problem with one of the NY state math regents exam https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/16-year-claims-error-ny-state-regents-exam/story?id=48724108 There was no easy resolution.
I will obliviously have to tell my boss what happened, I just wanted to see if there would a possibility of a change to my results. There's no reason for him to be upset with me of course, I'm sure he will understand that I told him I passed because I saw that I had passed, but I was honestly more upset because I've putting a lot of studying time and money into this test, hence wanting the result to be in my favor. It really sucks that they would get someone's hopes up like that and then not even try to explain what happened.

quincy

I will obliviously have to tell my boss what happened, I just wanted to see if there would a possibility of a change to my results. There's no reason for him to be upset with me of course, I'm sure he will understand that I told him I passed because I saw that I had passed, but I was honestly more upset because I've putting a lot of studying time and money into this test, hence wanting the result to be in my favor. It really sucks that they would get someone's hopes up like that and then not even try to explain what happened.
I can understand how disappointed you are but, absent evidence that NCEES purposely changed a correct "pass" to an incorrect "fail" (and I am not seeing any good reason why they would), there appears to be little you can do but accept the results .... and take the test a third time.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">