• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? CA
I am going through the dreaded tax examination. I need more time to gather information they request (social security cards that my husband), can I request an extension on the amount of time I have to get the info in? The examination pointed me towards Publication 3498 to guide me in the examination process (rights and responsibilities), but this publication is not available on the IRS website and I was not sent one. Any thoughts on how to get an extension or if one is even available? Thanks so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential