• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excessive Sentence in Georgetown Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Celeste

Stopped by police due to headlights not on at night. Police searched vehicle found pipe and > 2 ounces of marijuana

Arrested in Roundrock 11:00 pm, transferred to Georgetown released 11:00 am on $25 PR bond. My Attorney met with judge and I have to decide to take my chances in court or accept punishment of a $900 fine + 1 year probation w/monthly meeting + monthly drug test + 80 hours of community service + 1 weekend in jail.

What is the usual punishment for a 1st offense with no prior history ?

I am a college student with no prior record. I have never been in trouble. I do not want this on my record, my attorney has advised if I accept the punishment I will not have a record, if I go to court and get convicted the punishment could be the same or worse and I will have a record

I would appreciate any helpful advise

L

LOOK HERE

Dsut recommended a site called www.policeabuse.com. GO THERE AND REPORT IT
I was reading this morning and there are problems already reported there in Georgetown Texas. Looks like a place you don't want to go through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">