• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excluded from Health Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dawnala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I currently reside in Florida. I am a remote, home-based employee for a company headquartered in Pennsylvania with business also conducted in Delaware. I have been employed with the organization for 2 years in November. I am the only employee not within commuting distance to DE or PA. Within the past week to 2 weeks the powers that be have decided to leave the PEO we worked with and bring most everything "in-house". That was not an issue until health benefits were discussed. They have chosen a BC/BS of DE plan that has no out-of-network benefits. I have sent emails asking if I should obtain my own insurance. I have also suggested they contribute the same amount they contribute to other employees' premiums to reimburse me for the health care coverage I purchase seperately. I have had only one response to those emails, which did not answer any of my questions nor give me any guidance as to what they would like for me to do; however, I am now receiving emails intimating that my remote position is posing problems for including me in day-to-day business. This has not been an issue previously. I have an impeccable record with consistently outstanding reviews (including a mid-year review with a raise), raises, and bonuses. Furthermore, I have made myself available via telephone, emails, conference calls, even flying to DE on the same day of notification. I feel as if my employer is forcing me to resign.

Questions:
1) Can my employer legally offer a company-wide benefit plan which excludes only me? 2) If so, are they legally required to provide equal premium contribution?
3) Should my employer terminate me, do I have any recourse?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Dawnala

sorry...

As you can see, the issue is multi-topic. I wasn't sure where to place the post. Sorry, a little crazy! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">