• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor didn't notify me of ownership of real property during probate. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just wanted to update and let you know that I became smarter than the aunt trying to play control freak with the documents. I went to recording office and had them draw up new ownership applications and I'm getting the grandson to sign off of them again. Since she is passed away. It has to be this way. According to the state of Oregon laws. Then I file exchange if ownership application along w the notorized sheet of paper. And that's a done deal.

Just wanted to update and let you know that I became smarter than the aunt trying to play control freak with the documents. I went to recording office and had them draw up new ownership applications and I'm getting the grandson to sign off of them again. Since she is passed away. It has to be this way. According to the state of Oregon laws. Then I file exchange if ownership application along w the notorized sheet of paper. And that's a done deal.
And I did this all on my own. Without an attorney. So here I go.....

LdiJ

YOU have no standing or authority to transfer ownership of the property that is in probate. But hey, I guess you know best. :rolleyes:
Wait a minute. Based on the original story the house would not be in probate, it would have passed outside of the estate and would belong to the grandson (or maybe belong to the grandson only on paper, therefore never passing at all). The grandson is perfectly free to transfer the property to the OP.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wait a minute. Based on the original story the house would not be in probate, it would have passed outside of the estate and would belong to the grandson (or maybe belong to the grandson only on paper, therefore never passing at all). The grandson is perfectly free to transfer the property to the OP.
Read it again. The lady removed her grandson and had already received a copy of the deed showing only her on it. The deed on file at the county will have only the lady on it. The OP has no standing here.

LdiJ

Read it again. The lady removed her grandson and had already received a copy of the deed showing only her on it. The deed on file at the county will have only the lady on it. The OP has no standing here.
I think that you have read the thread wrong Zig. The deed on file has the grandson on it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suppose that's one way to interpret it. Let's wait and see what the OP has to say since his intention is to try to prevent the property from being considered abandoned...and today is the last day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">