• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor named in will, other documentation needed ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Idahored

What is the name of your state? Idaho My wife and I just made out our wills today, naming our daughter as our executor. Is there another form needed to fill out naming her as our executor, or is having her named in our will sufficient ? She is also named in our durable POA documents. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Idaho My wife and I just made out our wills today, naming our daughter as our executor. Is there another form needed to fill out naming her as our executor, or is having her named in our will sufficient ? She is also named in our durable POA documents. Thanks.
You really ought to consult with an attorney, as you were advised in your other thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/idaho-correct-info-giving-agent-powers-in-durable-poa.651597/

Just Blue

Please post this question to your other thread on this same issue. DO NOT start a new thread for every thought you have. Thank You ...

Idahored

Of course you are right, but when a person lives on a fixed income, it does give some incentive to possibly wing it to save some $$. I've spent several hours reading many, many posts on this forum, gathering information, and did learn a few things along the way, and thought by gathering info from the apparently knowledgeable members here, I could possibly make it through my situation without hiring an attorney. Actually, when I found this web site, I didn't consider I would be wasting good band width :) Sorry.........

PayrollHRGuy

Of course you are right, but when a person lives on a fixed income, it does give some incentive to possibly wing it to save some $$. I've spent several hours reading many, many posts on this forum, gathering information, and did learn a few things along the way, and thought by gathering info from the apparently knowledgeable members here, I could possibly make it through my situation without hiring an attorney. Actually, when I found this web site, I didn't consider I would be wasting good band width :) Sorry.........
It isn't a matter of waisting band width. It is a matter of the volunteers that try and answer your questions having all the information possible without having to go look through multiple threads.

justalayman

While you may be able to adequately address your estate in your will, you need to understand that once you pass, your will is what it is. If it is poorly done or leaves things out, you can’t fix it from the other side.

Dandy Don

There is no other form needed. Have you informed your daughter that you would like for her to be executor? Do you have any idea as to whether she would be willing to accept it or decline it? Would you be willing to allow another family member or an attorney to serve in that capacity if she was unwilling to do so?

Does she know where your will is located so she could find it after you are departed from this life?

Idahored

There is no other form needed. Have you informed your daughter that you would like for her to be executor? Do you have any idea as to whether she would be willing to accept it or decline it? Would you be willing to allow another family member or an attorney to serve in that capacity if she was unwilling to do so?

Does she know where your will is located so she could find it after you are departed from this life?
Thanks for your reply. Yes we asked and she said "I'd be honored" . If she can't do it for some reason, our granddaughter said she would, and her name is also included. Our daughter will be given a copy of our will, and will be told where the original one is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">