• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aburton61371

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

If a next of kin doesn't file as the executor of the deceased estate, can he legally give away or sell any of the deceased assets? If the next of kin forged the deceased name on a vehicle title, can he be prosecuted? Please DO NOT respond BelizeBreeze. Please only respond if you know for a FACT what the answer is, not a guess. Thank you.

BlondiePB

aburton61371 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

If a next of kin doesn't file as the executor of the deceased estate, can he legally give away or sell any of the deceased assets? If the next of kin forged the deceased name on a vehicle title, can he be prosecuted? Please DO NOT respond BelizeBreeze. Please only respond if you know for a FACT what the answer is, not a guess. Thank you.
In some instances, it is not necessary to open probate. In your other threads, you stated that there was no estate.

I am sorry for your loss. Your boyfriend died without a will. Due to the fact that you invested money in a car without your name on the title, it is apparent that you are "fishing" for a way to retaliate. Not all states required vehicles to go through probate. Massachusetts does provide a means for the transfer of vehicles without going through probate.

You received correct legal advice from two attorneys BelizeBreeze and JETX and for FREE. You certainly are free to hire a local attorney and pay for your legal advice.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=275179

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=275577

BlondiePB

This is the PM I received by the OP and my reply.

Originally Posted by aburton61371
I am not looking to retaliate. I just don't think it could possibly be legal for my boyfriend's brother, who he didn't see for three years, could take all of John's belongings and give them away without becoming executor of his estate. He does have debts that need to be paid, not only mine. Yes I'm pissed that my boyfriend is dead and I have to deal with this. I'm more pissed at the cold way my questions have been answered. The arrogant way, and no I'm not looking to be "coddled" but to be treated respectfully. This is the last time I will be at this forum so don't bother replying back.
My reply:
Originally Posted by BlondiePB
When you post to an open forum, you have no control over how people post. That's the nature of the beast
Just exactly what proof is there that someone "forged" a title to a car? And, as previously stated, MA does provide a means for car titles to be transferred without opening probate. There's missing information. This will be a civil matter, and it is a fishing expedition.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the OP comes back?

BelizeBreeze

BlondiePB said:
This is the PM I received by the OP and my reply.

My reply:

Just exactly what proof is there that someone "forged" a title to a car? And, as previously stated, MA does provide a means for car titles to be transferred without opening probate. There's missing information. This will be a civil matter, and it is a fishing expedition.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the OP comes back?
Your Bikini is a bit tight if you think she will :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">