• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor took part of my real property share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weber1980!

What is the name of your state?Missouri
My mom passed in 2012 my brother and sister are trustees. She had a pour over will, due to the dumb crooked lawyer made a trust but did not put anything in the trust. The will said it was to be divided equally 5 ways with me and my siblings listed. Value of estate is $823,000 in real estate property. $125,000 in personal property. They did a inventory but didn't list everything in it only what they had not already taken. I have to just let that go. My real concern is this .. I have never received any cash . They auctioned items. I kept furniture values at $2000. And I received a home with 3.6 acres valued at $120,000. Trustee's distributed to my two other siblings $164,000 and one got $165,000 Real estate property. And they got to choose (I did not) items valued around $5,000 personal property. Trustee's are heirs and distributed to themselves real property valued at$210,000(sister) and brother got $180,000 real estate. Sister got $$3000 personal property. Brother got $3000 personal also. They paid themselves $3000 ea payment for trustee. And paid the attorney(the crooked one)$35,000. Even though he messed up my mom's trust she paid him for before she died. To avoid probate. Which it didn't. The judge agreed to distribution agreement which said it would be split five ways. All agreed. He ordered one year to be distributed. As you see I am the one has not been distributed my one fifth other heirs have and then some. I can't afford a attorney I have tried. I lost my job when the car I just bought motor blew. I can't find one to not need money down yet.

quincy

If you currently have a home on 3.6 acres, perhaps you should consider selling it so you can pay off the child support arrearages totaling $19,000 (or hire an attorney to help you get this amount reduced) and pay your past due electric bill and pay for a more reliable car.

Weber1980!

If you currently have a home on 3.6 acres, perhaps you should consider selling it so you can pay off the child support arrearages totaling $19,000 (or hire an attorney to help you get this amount reduced) and pay your past due electric bill and pay for a more reliable car.
And live where sir? Sir this was the farm I grew up on. It means a lot to me. And quite frankly sir I will not give my ex husband a dime he is not owed. He is mean to my daughter she cries asking me why doesn't her dad like her. Xmas last year he told her he bought her new tires for her 99 Dodge. He told her to go to tire shop they have it on file that he already paid for them. She went there and they had no record of it. He said he would try find a reciept and never has. He only did that in front of family to look decent He ignores her.and use to tell her she was fat and she needed makeup. She was suicidel and that's when she came to live with me. He didn't want her or to deal with it. So he let her live with me. I will not pay him he didnt support her I did

quincy

Okay. But the house is a potential source of funds which you seem in desperate need of right now, with no job or car for 6 months and no electricity and a failure to appear warrant and a child support case against you.

I can understand why you feel overwhelmed. There is a lot going on in your life. You really need the services of an attorney for some of them.

You could search for legal aid services in your area to see if you can find free assistance. I understand you live in a rural area so you might need to find transportation to a larger city to make use of the help that can be available.

Weber1980!

Okay. But the house is a potential source of funds which you seem in desperate need of right now, with no job or car for 6 months and no electricity and a failure to appear warrant and a child support case against you.

I can understand why you feel overwhelmed. There is a lot going on in your life. You really need the services of an attorney for some of them.

You could search for legal aid services in your area to see if you can find free assistance. I understand you live in a rural area so you might need to find transportation to a larger city to make use of the help that can be available.
That's hard to do when I have no family anymore. But I'll be okay it will work out one way or another.

quincy

What is the name of your state?Missouri
My mom passed in 2012 my brother and sister are trustees. She had a pour over will, due to the dumb crooked lawyer made a trust but did not put anything in the trust. The will said it was to be divided equally 5 ways with me and my siblings listed. Value of estate is $823,000 in real estate property. $125,000 in personal property. They did a inventory but didn't list everything in it only what they had not already taken. I have to just let that go. My real concern is this .. I have never received any cash . They auctioned items. I kept furniture values at $2000. And I received a home with 3.6 acres valued at $120,000. Trustee's distributed to my two other siblings $164,000 and one got $165,000 Real estate property. And they got to choose (I did not) items valued around $5,000 personal property. Trustee's are heirs and distributed to themselves real property valued at$210,000(sister) and brother got $180,000 real estate. Sister got $$3000 personal property. Brother got $3000 personal also. They paid themselves $3000 ea payment for trustee. And paid the attorney(the crooked one)$35,000. Even though he messed up my mom's trust she paid him for before she died. To avoid probate. Which it didn't. The judge agreed to distribution agreement which said it would be split five ways. All agreed. He ordered one year to be distributed. As you see I am the one has not been distributed my one fifth other heirs have and then some. I can't afford a attorney I have tried. I lost my job when the car I just bought motor blew. I can't find one to not need money down yet.
That's hard to do when I have no family anymore. But I'll be okay it will work out one way or another.
You have a daughter and siblings. And you have at least one friend. See what you can work out with their help.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">