• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

If I file Ch.7 in OK I must use the state laws of exemptions. I don't have any property and the value of my possesions is well within the state value limits except for my vehicle. OK allows $3000 exemption on autos. My car will be paid off in Oct., and the resale value is approx. $8900. Will I have to sell my car to pay off debts? If this is the only mode of transportation to and from work and to appointments for my foster son, would the state make an allowance and let me keep it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential