• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exercise or be fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fustratedman

I'm in California. I work for a company that tells there employees that they need to exercise. So the company set up times that a person needs to lead stretches every two hours at work. I believe this childish and wrong. Can I be fired for refusing to exercise?

H

hexeliebe

of course you can. And you can be fired for exercising, for rowing your boat too close to the shore, for dropping the dumb waiter on the dumb boss or any myriad of other reasons.

Let me guess, you work for Jeanie Craig and things are poppin' out all over ????

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It may or may not be childish and it may or may not be wrong, but it is nonetheless legal. Like it or not, the company can require its employees to exercise and fire them if they refuse.

H

hexeliebe

awww come on CBG, loosen up. I thought my response would at least trigger a little 'funny' from you (and I KNEW you'd be here soon :D)

HomeGuru

fustratedman said:
I'm in California. I work for a company that tells there employees that they need to exercise. So the company set up times that a person needs to lead stretches every two hours at work. I believe this childish and wrong. Can I be fired for refusing to exercise?
**A: good grief, you need the exercise.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, hexe, my "funnies" are at low ebb today. Try me again tomorrow. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">