• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exgirlfriend refusing to pay back $1300, want to go to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paramount

What is the name of your state? CA, southern california

so i brrought the money thing up with my ex, turns out she's not going to pay me. basically i believe she owes me $1300 when i paid for her modeling photoshoots, but when we were together i said it was only $500. so when she said she won't pay the 1300, i said fine 500 then. well, turns out since i cut in down to 500, she thinks that 500 was because i was "penny pinching" (ie. going dutch (we pay our own meals), gas when i drove her to places where only she wanted to go, etc) and she said that she won't pay for it. now i'm down to two options

1. take her to court (but i dont' ahve any recepits). i also wrote down the stuff she owed me for on a computer post'it type program but i lost the files when i reformated. so if we go to court, it will most likley be my word against hers. now if i take her to court, she still has my credit cards, and i have one that i use to hold a $7500 balance with, so it's going to be hard to pay that one off.

2. just take the loss, and don't speak with her so i can save whatever percentage i have of having a friendship with her in the future.

i'm like 90% sure i'm goign to stick with option 2 because $1300 may seem like a lot now, but in a few years, i'm goign to making more and i'd really like to talk to her still. however, i'm just curious as to what i would do if i chose option 1.

the above post was copy/pasted from another forum, but it gives the story. but i dont' have any receipts saying that i paid for her modeling photoshoots or anything else, but she paid me back for some of the money by check so i have copies of those at my bank, but that doesn't help me in proving that she still owes me the $1300. i'm 20, she's 19. we also have about 3 credit card accounts together and one of them has a balance of $7400 that belongs to me, and i don thave enough to pay it off and closing it out.

if i'm looking at this situation objectively, i would just take the loss and not anger her enough for her to start charging our credit cards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">