• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exhusband pension beneficary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needshelp18

What is the name of your state? ga

I have been told by my sons that my ex left me as beneficary of his gm pension plan but when i dial the 800 number that was given to me i get conflicting info. First time called was told beneficary had been notified but would not say who it was and the second time was told that no one got the pension and it would go back to the company. How can I find out who the true beneficary is on this matter:(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you have not been notified, then you are not the beneficiary, despite what your sons told you. And if you are not the beneficiary, you have no legal right to know who is.

Betty

Yep - if you are the beneficiary, you should have been (or will be) contacted. It could be you were at one time the bene but the bene could have been changed by your ex-husband.

msiron

Having been closely associated with GM for 30 years, (as an employee, retired employee, and whole family of retired employees) I can tell you that it is ONLY a CURRENT spouse that receives survivor pension benefits and that is only if the employee paid XX $$ per week for that extended type benefit... (NOT children, NOT girlfriends, boyfriends or other family members.)

No spouse = pension ENDS, over and out.

Did he have a wife? If so, then that's where his hard earned pension rightfully went to. If not, it terminated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">