• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expat Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taganka

What is the name of your state (New York)?

I work for a multinational company with over 200,000 employees. The company offers health insurance--for which I signed up. I've recently found that the HR department did not file the proper paper work and that I've actually had no insurance for the last seven months.

To complicate matters a bit, I'm on an international assignment for the company, the assignment ends in December of this year. I have a contract with the company that specifically states that I would have insurance coverage.

What can I do?

ecmst12

You may have recourse under breech of contract, if you do indeed have a bona fide contract stating you would have health insurance. However it is most likely impossible to get you added onto the plan now; you will have to wait for open enrollment.

Take your contract to a lawyer in the state you normally live and work in when you get back, to see what kind of potential for recovery you might have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">