• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expense reimbursement Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

focustm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
I am an account manager for a national company. I am given a company issued credit card that also carries my name. The monthly credit card bill comes to my residence and I personally write and mail the check each month. I drive a company issued automobile and I am reimbursed for my gas usage. I choose to use my personal credit card for gas purchases because I receive a rebate for such charges. My HR dept is insisting that I have to use the company issued card even though I am responsible for the payments. Is this a valid/legal request or can I continue to use my personal card for gas charges? I do you the company issued card for any other company business.

Thank you in advance!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is absolutely legal for them to require you to use the company issued card. It's their card and it's their money being used for reimbursement and they have no reason to care about your rebates. It's also the best way for them to keep track of the expenses and as such is also absolutely a valid reason.

I can't imagine why you would think otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">