• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Experience with the fair debt practices col. act is the place to find...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

uccassets

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

>I have a friend (really) and she just recieved a summons that M->Credit Corp is starting a lawsuit against her. The thing is she >has been paying Evergreen Hospital (who turned the bill over to >M-Creidt Corp.) payments of $50/month. She has made over 10 >payments, so my question is: Since Evergreen Hospital Accepted >these payments, isn't this an implied contract? Do they have >the "right" to turn this over to a collections agency?

I teach commercial law at a local univ. here
and my experience is that the fair debt practices col. act is where
you would look this up. I have dealt with M-Creidt Corp. too. with
total success in never hearing from them again with papers served.

>Also, the Collection Company called my friend at work 3 times
>(she told them not too after the first time). Isn't that a violation >of the US Code of Collections - Chapter 41, subchapter V, >section 1692c? AND, should she file a counter complaint against >the Collection Agency when she files her response to the >summons and lawsuit? I am not a lawyer, but I am helping her >as she can't afford one right now (I sure do want to go to law >school...I like researching stuff like this!)

If you like researching so much why don't you enroll in higher
education class?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">