• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Notary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BeleChere

What is the name of your state? NC

My parents made a trust to leave their real estate property to my brother and me. Three months after they signed the trust, my brother had a survey done giving him a section of land that we all agreed would be mine and took it to the law firm that made the trust and told them to add it to the trust. My parents were not in good health and rarely went to the lawyer. My brother was the one in communication with the firm so they added the survey. Two years later an amendment was made to put the trust only in Mom's name and only at that time was it mentioned that the "changes to section 12 should be added" (the division my brother made). Mom had no idea what she signed..just what my brother told her to sign. HOWEVER although i am pretty sure it is her signature, it turns out that the notary's license had expired. Does this make the amendment document invalid?

JETX

BeleChere said:
Does this make the amendment document invalid?
No. It only makes the notary verification itself invalid. Your issue is clearly complex and 'document driven'. I strongly suggest you talk with a local attorney who can review the documents and advise you what options you have, if any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">