• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J

jfraley8384

Most child molesters feel the same way you do.
So, is the man who urinated off of his back porch in the middle of the night, that was caught by the next door neighbor's little girl, who had to register as a sex offender, considered a 'child molester' to you?
Or, what about the teacher who was trying to figure out what the commotion was about while he was trying to teach his class? He told the two students to bring their phones to him, and it so happened that the students had been 'sexting', and he happened to inadvertently view those images. Due to the fact he had viewed those images, he got a charge, and now has to register as a sex offender. Is he, or those two students that have to register as well, considered 'child molesters'?

quincy

Oh well. I don't care what others believe, or did believe. What's your point?
I think you have less reason to be angry than those do who find out you somehow slipped through cracks in the probation system.

I hope you learned enough from your conviction and sentence that you will not be a threat to children.

J

jfraley8384

I think you have less reason to be angry than those do who find out you somehow slipped through cracks in the probation system.

I hope you learned enough from your conviction and sentence that you will not be a threat to children.
Well, after being released since 2009, off of probation in 2014, and going to college, obtaining several certificates, and now working on a degree...I believe you are right... I have less reason to be angry, considering the fake news media blinds people. Yes, I have slipped through the cracks in the probation system, but in all reality, I was not aware that I had to even register as a sex offender (which is what the judge is supposed to inform you of at sentencing) until a few months prior to my release from prison.
Oh well, nothing anyone can do about it now.

quincy

Well, after being released since 2009, off of probation in 2014, and going to college, obtaining several certificates, and now working on a degree...I believe you are right... I have less reason to be angry, considering the fake news media blinds people. Yes, I have slipped through the cracks in the probation system, but in all reality, I was not aware that I had to even register as a sex offender (which is what the judge is supposed to inform you of at sentencing) until a few months prior to my release from prison.
You probably would benefit from counseling.

J

jfraley8384

You probably would benefit from counseling.
I don't see how I would benefit from counseling...my fiancé and I attended pre marital counseling, just so our church pastor would be satisfied, and it doesn't help with my past.

quincy

Also, he states that his judge never told him, and no one told him that he had to register ...
I was not aware that I had to even register as a sex offender (which is what the judge is supposed to inform you of at sentencing) until a few months prior to my release from prison.
You were informed you had to register before you were released from prison. You apparently told your brother differently. I hope you have been honest with your fiancée.

Here is a link to the Kentucky statute that protects you from being charged with a probation violation now - KRS 533.020(4):
https://casetext.com/statute/kentucky-revised-statutes/title-50-kentucky-penal-code/chapter-533-probation-and-conditional-discharge/section-533020-probation-and-conditional-discharge

And here is a link to a Kentucky Court of Appeals decision in Smith v. Commonwealth that discusses the application of KRS 533.020(4):
https://casetext.com/case/smith-v-commonwealth-189

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course I have a certificate of discharge. It's not my fault that when I was on probation, that they didn't make me attend SOTP classes. And of course, they have me as a tier 2, but require me to register for life as a sex offender. That's fine too, but what they can't do, is get me for violation, no matter what anyone says...ha ha ha.
Aren't you a joy. No wonder your brother posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">