• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expiring Drivers Licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

defulio

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

Hi. I have just married an American citizen and moved to join him in Fl. I am currently still here legally on an F1 visa with OPT work authorization that expires at the start of June. We are waiting on the marriage certificate to arrive in the mail before we send off all the documentation to apply for permenant residency on the basis of marriage. Last week I changed my drivers licence from a GA licence (where I have been up until the marriage) to a Florida licence. The people at the DMV said that my work authorization card overrides my I-20 and therefore issued me a drivers licence that will expire on June 1st. Does this mean that I am not allowed to drive in the USA after June 1st until I receive my next EAD card that may not arrive until the end of June? I thought I had a 30 day stay in the country allowance after my EAD card expired.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kirsty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">