• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

explorer roll over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was driving my 1997 ford explorer one morning to drop my son off at school. While making a left hand turn, my front right tire blew out. I lost control of the car and went up the sidewalk and the car rolled over onto its side. I have the firestone wilderness at tires that have been recently recalled. I contacted the nearest ford dealership and they took my name and number, but they haven't called me back. I don't want the car anymore and I still owe money on the loan. I want ford to take the car as is and pay off the loan. How do I go about doing this. Do I need to involve an attorney?


Truth Of The Matter

Hello: annek

Ford isn't about to buy the SUV back. Won't happen. Saddly, your stuck with it. Continue to make the payments and do drive more carefully.

If the vehicle rolled over simply do to normal cornering speed from a left turn lane on a left turn arrow intersection, you'll never sell that to Ford nor a jury. The normal road speed for a normal left turn is much too slow to roll the vehicle even with a blown tire.

Worse yet, if the turn was from a fully stopped position in a controlled turn lane on a normal green light, turning after all on coming traffic passed and your rolled the vehicle, WOW! I wouldn't even attempt to proceed with any claim except for the cause of tire failure.

I doubt an attorney would even take this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential