• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expungement of criminal record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emmar99

I was informed that there is a way to have your criminal felony conviction erased from your background if you haven't been arrested or convicted of a crime in the past 5 five years, in which in my instance this is so. How do I go about getting this done? I have been thinking about seeking a better job position and with a background check of my past, I believe this will hinder my chances of getting this position with a high profile company.

J

jd

Every state has its own requirements that have to be met before a criminal record can be expunged. The process involves filing a petition with the court requesting the expungement and stating the reasons you are requesting it and how you meet the criteria set by law. If you are not versed in this area of law, or feel you cannot handle this even with doing your own legal research, a criminal defense attorney would be able to do this for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">