• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement Question: How often the private bkgrd checker companies update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MS1234

Any expert here know how often the private background checker companies update their database??

I am trying to do an expungement by myself and trying to get as thorough as possible i.e. though submit a petition to the court and with a list of different government agencies for expungement (hopefully my list was complete).

I was told that the 1000 - 2000 or so private background check companies also have the files, AND THEY UPDATE every month to every year, give or take?

Is this true? I don't need to call each individual company and they will be auto updated within a year??

(Is there anyways I can make sure they get it done?? Any suggestions I can make it more complete (other than generic "hire a lawyer"))

quincy

Any expert here know how often the private background checker companies update their database??

I am trying to do an expungement by myself and trying to get as thorough as possible i.e. though submit a petition to the court and with a list of different government agencies for expungement (hopefully my list was complete).

I was told that the 1000 - 2000 or so private background check companies also have the files, AND THEY UPDATE every month to every year, give or take?

Is this true? I don't need to call each individual company and they will be auto updated within a year??

(Is there anyways I can make sure they get it done?? Any suggestions I can make it more complete (other than generic "hire a lawyer"))
What is the name of your state?

quincy

Thanks.

Is Texas the state where you have the records that you wish to expunge? Here is a link to information on the process, published by Texas Law Help: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/clear-or-seal-your-record-expunctions-vs-nondisclosures-in-texas

Each background check company will have its own policy on when they update the records they hold. Some update monthly, some annually, and, I assume, some will only update when contacted about needed corrections. Because there are hundreds of different companies who might have your records in their databases, you could find trying to remove all information about you a near-impossible task.

It is also possible, in the case of criminal offenses, that there are news reports/news articles about the crime(s) that remain online and can be found through a search. These can be discovered on a background check.

I don’t know for what purpose you want to expunge your records. It’s generally a good idea if/when the option becomes available but an expungement alone cannot erase your past. You are often best-served to be honest about your past when questioned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">