• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mroman

i am looking to expunge an embezzlement misdemeanor from Michigan. it has been 5 years since i was charged and sentenced to 10 days jail and 2 years probation. since this time i have not had any other criminal history and nor did i before this conviction. i recently completed college and was wondering if michigans expungemet 5 years starts from the date you were released from jail or completed probation. if anyone knows that would help. it has been 5 years since i completed the short sentance and 3 years since i completed probation.

depends upon that of which you were convicted of?

If you have a conviction for something that is in your states teacher licensing code as excluding you from practicing then an expungement is not going to help much. The state licensing board will run your fingerprints and forward all excluding convictions on to the state board,,,,,, research research and research..... good luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">