• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expunging my record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i was convicted of criminal possesion of a controlled substace in the 5th degree. this happend in NYC back in 1986 it was my first and last arrest never had another problem .since moved to NC help me with any info please email me back thanks .



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It is expungement. You need to retain a criminal defense attorney who either is heavily experienced in or specializes in expungement. The fact you have had no trouble since that faux pas in 1986 should be a good thing.

Contact your local STATE BAR Association and ask for lawyer referral or even contact the public defender's office and ask if they can refer you to well liked and result oriented attorneys who are known to get the results you seek.

Hope this helps.


you would have to hire an attorney in NYC to do the expunction because it usually invloves the filing of a motion then the sending off of a form for your record, then the signing of an order by a judge, there may be some rules you don't know about like you may have to have been under 21 at the time of the offense or it may have to be dismissed first then expunged
definently call a lawyer in NYC about it,

good luck diana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential