• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex's boyfriend beting kids, what can i do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sphilt

What is the name of your state? IN

I have been divorced for 4 years and have joint custody of my 2 boys (5 & 6)

my ex-wife has a live in boyfriend who she has been allowing to beat the children and at one point he used a belt and left welts. i contacted child protection. they did not remove the children from the home and instead had my ex and her bf go to parenting classes. he has stopped with the hard beatings but now forces them into corners by holding them by the neck. the case workers say there is nothing they can do because there has been no marks left. my ex tells me to get over it, he isnt going anywhere and i just need to get used to it. she is completly two faced and comes off as the wounded party because i am picking on her. i am afraid to go to court in fear that she will pull the wounded mother card and i will loose my kids and they will have to live with her and her abusive boyfriend.

i dont know what to do. my gut tells me to go after them but if i loose the case i dont think i could live with myself, basically giving them to her.
help me

Mbarr

sphilt said:
What is the name of your state? IN

I have been divorced for 4 years and have joint custody of my 2 boys (5 & 6)

my ex-wife has a live in boyfriend who she has been allowing to beat the children and at one point he used a belt and left welts. i contacted child protection. they did not remove the children from the home and instead had my ex and her bf go to parenting classes. he has stopped with the hard beatings but now forces them into corners by holding them by the neck. the case workers say there is nothing they can do because there has been no marks left. my ex tells me to get over it, he isnt going anywhere and i just need to get used to it. she is completly two faced and comes off as the wounded party because i am picking on her. i am afraid to go to court in fear that she will pull the wounded mother card and i will loose my kids and they will have to live with her and her abusive boyfriend.

i dont know what to do. my gut tells me to go after them but if i loose the case i dont think i could live with myself, basically giving them to her.
help me
He's no longer spanking your kids, and they are not being physically injured. That's good news for your kids.

If your children are having emotional difficulties with the bf (as I would imagine they are) I would suggest that you take your children to a psychologist so that this information is documented. The medical records from the kids' treatment can then be used as evidence in a modification proceeding.

In addition, review your divorce decree carefully and look for any clause related to cohabitation outside of marriage during custodial periods.

T

titansfan

mom doesnt deserve custody

he should not be putting his hands on them period. if i was their parent, id be filing for custody real damm quick, with a stipulation that the bf not be allowed around them AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. your ex needs her head beaten in for allowing the bf to discipline HER kids, and thinking its ok. she sounds like she cares more for the bf then she does the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">