• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clearingtheair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

My husband's ex-wife had allegations of embezzlement around 1996 or 97, she worked for the city's district court. This all happened while they were going through a divorce when the allegations arose. It made the papers, went to trial but she was never convicted although the suspition is still there. He now tells me there is no statue of limitation and that his home and records were searched during the investigation and he never was a part of the trial. My problem is that he continues to believe he will always be questioned about the money that this will never go away and no matter what if we make any financial moves we will receive a phone call from the investigators as to where we aquired any monies we receive. In fact he received an inheritance from his fathers estate and believe we will receive a phone call asking where we came up with the money for such a deposit. Is this true will we be constantly under the microscope? He was never charged only searched, she was charged but not convicted. The amount was over 200,000What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">