• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extension of stay on waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Missouri. My cousin is visiting me from out of the country. I am a us citizen. He has a work visa (c1/d)for the sea which is valid until 2005 and has an expired c1 visa. He entered the country on a waiver in april and was given a six month period to stay in the US. I would like to know if an extension can be granted to someone who is visiting on a waiver and does not have the appropriate visa.I would like to know the options for extending his stay for an additional six months if the waiver is a problem. It is my understanding that the visa is only related to entry into the country and not related to length of stay. Is that a correct understanding? Thank you so much for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential