• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra Weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

My ex wants to pick up my daughter early on my weekend(this weekend) for a dinner. So I asked if I let her pick up daughter early if she would let me have next weekend so that my daughter could be here for my other daughters b-day party. She said yes but is there some type of agreement that I can type up so that she has to hold her word? I just don't want to give her what she wants when she might change her mind about letting me get my daughter next weekend to.

Humusluvr

My ex wants to pick up my daughter early on my weekend(this weekend) for a dinner. So I asked if I let her pick up daughter early if she would let me have next weekend so that my daughter could be here for my other daughters b-day party. She said yes but is there some type of agreement that I can type up so that she has to hold her word? I just don't want to give her what she wants when she might change her mind about letting me get my daughter next weekend to.
There is no legal doc you can type up. You can always put it in an email.

Dear ex,

As per our agreement on 11/22/2008, you will pick up daughter early on my weekend. We have agreed that in exchange, you will allow me to pick up daughter the next weekend, 11/30/2008 (or whatever date). I appreciate that we can work things out together. Please respond to the email to show your agreement.

Thank you,
Me

Does that sound about right? Nothing much you can do if she bails, but not agree to changes AT ALL in the future.

LdiJ

Do the two of you live a long way from each other? The reason why I am asking is that she asked to pick up the child early, and you asked for an entire weekend in exchange. That is the kind of thing that might make someone change their mind. If you live close enough for it to be workable, why not just ask for the hours needed for the B-day party in exchange for her picking up the child early?

Do the two of you live a long way from each other? The reason why I am asking is that she asked to pick up the child early, and you asked for an entire weekend in exchange. That is the kind of thing that might make someone change their mind. If you live close enough for it to be workable, why not just ask for the hours needed for the B-day party in exchange for her picking up the child early?
We live about 75 miles from each other. See, I have her for Thanksgiving from Wednesday to Friday and if I take her back on Friday I would have to turn right back around and go get her Saturday and bring her back Saturday and that unfortunately will not work for me. That is why I asked to keep her from Wednesday to Sunday and she agreed to that.

LdiJ

We live about 75 miles from each other. See, I have her for Thanksgiving from Wednesday to Friday and if I take her back on Friday I would have to turn right back around and go get her Saturday and bring her back Saturday and that unfortunately will not work for me. That is why I asked to keep her from Wednesday to Sunday and she agreed to that.
With that much distance I understand why you asked for the entire weekend. However, that is still a lot to ask for when she just wants to pick up early.

I am kind of seeing a picture in my head....mom stewing because she agreed to something that she later realizes isn't fair and then wanting to back out of the agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">