• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extra work and no extra pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acham

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
What is the labor law regarding stipends for teachers. After 10 years teaching in the same position and being a tenured teacher, I was notified after the school year started last year that I would not be receiving my stipend because I did not have the proper credentials to teach this particular class. This is the same position that I have been teaching for the past 10 years. I agreed to obtain this certain credential. Well, after doing the extra work in the classroom the whole year, I did not receive my stipend because I have not yet met all the requirements for that additional credential. My districts says that I cannot recieve it until I have that credential and show proof that all tests have been passed. Can they not pay me for work that I have already done? I did receive the stipend for 9 years but not this year.

J

john_seed

My wife is finishing up her credentials right now, and has attended classes with many current teachers who are in your shoes...going back to get properly certified. It's all part of the NCLB Act which is requiring all teachers to be properly credentialed. Though I do not know the legality of the stipend issue, I do think the stringent requirements are a good thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">