• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition Laws from jail to jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justjudy

Hi:
I have someone in the Stockade, in Lee county, florida, and they are being extradited to Morgan County Indiana, and the lee country charges were finished on may 18th.

they are telling me they had 72 hours to teletype that they are coming.

How many days before they are late in picking him up?
I am hearing 2 - 3 weeks, counting weekdays only.
i am hearing 1 month counting weekdays only.

does anyone know, where I can find the extradition information.
or a quick answer to my question?
thanks

judy

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

To get the quickest response, why don't you call the district attorney's office/legal aid foundation within each county involved/law library/law school criminal law professor.

One of these sources should be able to give you the answer you need.

Hope this helps.

T

Tracey

You should read the Interstate Agreement on Detainers. The IAD governs extradition of prisoners. Ask your local law librarian for help locating it in your state statutes.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">