• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extream Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


DirtyBird Sr

I recieved an extream dui On dec. 15 of 98.
I have not evan been asked to make a plea.
I could only afford a public defender and i havent heard from her in 5 months. How long does the state have to prossecute? What are my opptions under AZ. law?



Make an appointment to meet with your PD to ask about the possibility of moving for dismissal on the basis of lack of prosecution and/or violation of your right to a speedy trial. In order to get dismissal on speedy trial grounds, you have to have not waived your right to a speedy trial, or the delay has to have been SO long that the court will declare your waiver doesn't apply anymore & the constitutional speedy trial right has been violated. Usually, you have to have made some effort to apprise the prosecution that the speedy trial time is running out & you demand trial now. On the other hand, the longer you wait, the more likely that the arresting officer has retired, moved to Alaska, or otherwise become unavailable.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential