• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extricating myself from 50/50 Partnership LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I know. That's why I've turned it over.
I just wanted to make sure that you recognized business trademarks (name, logo, slogan, etc) and graphics as business assets. How much value they have is a question mark, though. :)

You will want to have a Pennsylvania attorney personally review all of your business documents but you can learn some how-tos of removing yourself from the LLC in the link provided earlier.

Good luck.

LdiJ

You should be able to close the bank account without her signature. At least check with the bank about that.

quincy

If the account is really at $0.00 the bank may well close it for him sooner or later.
Possibly. I doubt he can close the LLC’s account unilaterally, though, or remove his name from any LLC obligatory documents.

He will want an attorney in Pennsylvania to advise him.

LdiJ

Possibly. I doubt he can close the LLC’s account unilaterally, though, or remove his name from any LLC obligatory documents.

He will want an attorney in Pennsylvania to advise him.
I agree he will want an attorney in PA to advise him, however I have open and closed multiple business bank accounts in my lifetime (LLC and S-corp) and never has it taken all of the members or signatories to do so. I was always able to do it on my own. Now, if there was money in the account and I did not use or distribute the money properly THEN it would have been a problem.

quincy

It depends on how the account was opened. What you did or did not do is of little relevance. You can read through the information in the link I provided.

It is (generally) not possible for a 50/50 partner of an LLC to simply walk away from all possible obligations. It is up to the LLC how to remove a member.

Last edited:

LdiJ

It depends on how the account was opened. What you did or did not do is of little relevance. You can read through the information in the link I provided.

It is (generally) not possible for a 50/50 partner of an LLC to simply walk away from all possible obligations. It is up to the LLC how to remove a member.
The OPs point is that there are no obligations. There are no assets, there are no debts. Its an empty LLC.

quincy

The OPs point is that there are no obligations. There are no assets, there are no debts. Its an empty LLC.
That does not mean he can simply decide he no longer wants to be a partner in the LLC and walk away.

JohnClark

You should be able to close the bank account without her signature. At least check with the bank about that.
Yes I've already spoken to them. While I am able to, that is technically a breach of the contract as it states that all parties must unanimously agree on decisions like that.

quincy

Yes I've already spoken to them. While I am able to, that is technically a breach of the contract as it states that all parties must unanimously agree on decisions like that.
I think you want to avoid breaching the terms of your contract. You should seek out assistance from an attorney in your area to see how best to extricate yourself from the partnership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">